THE DEPED VISION
We dream of Filipinos
who passionately love their country
and whose values and competencies
enable them to realize their full potential
and contribute meaningfully to building the nation.
As a learner-centered public institution,
the Department of Education
continuously improves itself
to better serve its stakeholders.
THE DEPED MISSION
To protect and promote the right of every Filipino to quality, equitable, culture-based, and complete basic education where:
Students learn in a child-friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment.
Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner.
Administrators and staff, as stewards of the institution, ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning to happen.
Family, community, and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibility for developing life-long learners.
OUR CORE VALUES
The Department of Education was established through the Education Decree of 1863 as the Superior Commission of Primary Instruction under a Chairman. The Education agency underwent many reorganization efforts in the 20th century in order to better define its purpose vis a vis the changing administrations and charters. The present day Department of Education was eventually mandated through Republic Act 9155, otherwise known as the Governance of Basic Education act of 2001 which establishes the mandate of this agency.
The Department of Education (DepEd) formulates, implements, and coordinates policies, plans, programs and projects in the areas of formal and non-formal basic education. It supervises all elementary and secondary education institutions, including alternative learning systems, both public and private; and provides for the establishment and maintenance of a complete, adequate, and integrated system of basic education relevant to the goals of national development.
The Department of Education (DepEd) – Regional Office 10 developed its objectives through the development of strategic and operation plans.
- Customize regional programs and systems in the implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- Strengthen the capacity of Schools Division Offices’ implementation of curricular reforms on anti-illegal drugs, reproductive health, and disaster preparedness.
- Enhance the capacity of the Schools Division Offices to expand the coverage of the inclusion programs.
- Formulate mechanisms to improve regional performance and expand public and private schools.
- Provide research-driven interventions on the curricular and non-curricular programs that are responsive to the needs of the local and global communities.
- Contextualize the curriculum to provide opportunities on the development and appreciation of culture, arts, and community economic life.
- Enhance the regional financial management system for effective and efficient delivery of services.
- Operationalize the expanded employee welfare program of the Department.
- Strengthen the capacity of educational leaders to provide timely and relevant technical assistance.
- Intensify public-private partnership in the fulfillment of DepEd’s vision, mission, and core values.
(DepEd Order No. 009, s. 2021)
The Department of Education is committed to provide learners with quality basic education that is accessible, inclusive, and liberating through:
- Proactive leadership
- Shared governance
- Evidence-based policies, standards and programs
- Responsive and relevant curricula
- Highly competent and committed officials, teaching and non-teaching personnel
- An enabling environment
The Department upholds the highest standards of conduct and performance to fulfill stakeholders' needs and expectations by adhering to constitutional mandates, statutory, and regulatory requirements, and sustains client satisfaction though continuous improvement of the Quality Management System.